JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+19
Merkel
Drax
Faleel's Essence
Ye Old Turbo
Dead Data
Richard Penna
Clone of ggctuk
Thor
Sharky
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
Stefan's Ghoest
indy v4.2
Sideways Koray
Lucas, prepare to die!
crocodile's skeleton
Upended Quint
Trent B's Ghost
Nemesis
Spirit of King Mark
23 posters

To all JWfans! In these dark times...

Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

To all JWfans! In these dark times... - Page 2 Empty Re: To all JWfans! In these dark times...

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:28 am

Eye of newt, head of frog...
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

To all JWfans! In these dark times... - Page 2 Empty Re: To all JWfans! In these dark times...

Post  Trent B's Ghost Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:35 am

I fought Worf and lost.

As Picard said, "Never under-estimate a Klingon".

BTW Jason nice to see you here. Smile
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:36 am

But your name indicates you are still in living form
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am

Trent should die by accidentally stabbing himself with his lightsaber...
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 am

My biggest problem with the FSM board is the software itself. It's completely and utterly ridiculous that:

1. It doesn't remember where you left off in a thread, so you have to open it and manually scroll till you think you found where you left off. Any forums NEEDS those little orange icons that jump you to the first new post since last visit.

2. Quoted posts are in fucking ITALICS and nothing more. Quotes need to be in a box with a different background, with a header saying who said it and when, preferably with an icon that jumps you to said post.

3. There is no way to "View all of a user's posts". I miss posts by MV sometimes because you only get a list of threads he's ever posted in, you can't just view all his posts in order.

4. Avatars are forced to be GIF (no JPGS) and only 100px wide

Its just SO archaic. Point #1 irks me the most.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Jason LeBlanc wrote:My biggest problem with the FSM board is the software itself. It's completely and utterly ridiculous that:

1. It doesn't remember where you left off in a thread, so you have to open it and manually scroll till you think you found where you left off. Any forums NEEDS those little orange icons that jump you to the first new post since last visit.

2. Quoted posts are in fucking ITALICS and nothing more. Quotes need to be in a box with a different background, with a header saying who said it and when, preferably with an icon that jumps you to said post.

3. There is no way to "View all of a user's posts". I miss posts by MV sometimes because you only get a list of threads he's ever posted in, you can't just view all his posts in order.

I agree. I don't know why Lukas Kendall won't switch to another software for the board. It's just like when Peter Kelly (owner of MM) used the out-dated software for so long but finally upgraded to new software (which I think is similar to this board), I was finally happy about that.

My most pet peeves about the FSM forum software are points 1 and 2.
    Sharky
    Sharky

Post  Sharky Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Prometheus reporting in.

So how did this mess all start? cyclops
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:22 pm

We lost the MB 3 weeks ago
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:58 am

Spirit of King Mark wrote:But your name indicates you are still in living form

I've now changed to reflect that.

All though the whole accidental death with my lightsaber is a bit more funny.
    Thor

Post  Thor Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Trent B's Ghost wrote:
    Jason LeBlanc wrote:My biggest problem with the FSM board is the software itself. It's completely and utterly ridiculous that:

I agree. I don't know why Lukas Kendall won't switch to another software for the board. It's just like when Peter Kelly (owner of MM) used the out-dated software for so long but finally upgraded to new software (which I think is similar to this board), I was finally happy about that.

My most pet peeves about the FSM forum software are points 1 and 2.

I agree with those, except no. 4. I don't like avatars, and have that feature disabled at FSM. Again with the simplicity thing that I prefer.
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:10 am

Here I am. I'm not dead, but I'm not me Razz
    Richard Penna

Post  Richard Penna Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 am

Reporting in from Canada Smile Only had one chance to listen to scores so far... I have themes buzzing constantly in my head.

Is Jack still alive? Neutral
    Dead Data

Post  Dead Data Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Datameister reporting for duty. Couldn't stay away.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:06 pm

You should have called yourself Erased Data, or Backup Data Wink
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:45 am

This place has summoned a great deal of creativity from some.

Karol
    Ye Old Turbo

Post  Ye Old Turbo Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 am

I know I've been lurking at the old board for years and posting something small every so often. I just wanted to say I have enjoyed reading the different perspectives, insights and whatnot that have been offered. It was frustrating when the old board went down but it's nice to see some familiar (though ghostly) names here. In short, it's good to see many of you and I look forward to reading what you have to say. I'll try and chime in a bit more often . . . maybe.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:38 am

Dead Data wrote:Datameister reporting for duty. Couldn't stay away.

haha I knew it!

Hey actually Data did die, TWICE! Oh wait, spoilers if you haven't seen any of the TNG episodes...
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 am

Trent B's Ghost wrote:
    Dead Data wrote:Datameister reporting for duty. Couldn't stay away.

haha I knew it!

Hey actually Data did die, TWICE! Oh wait, spoilers if you haven't seen any of the TNG episodes...

Who was the guy who went crazy when someone (I think it was Bloodboal) posted a "Spoiler" for Game of Thrones from the book?
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:50 pm

That was me! BloodBoal... where is he? Maybe he thinks JWFan is ended...
    Drax

Post  Drax Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 pm

He should call himself BloodBath.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 am

I have arrived.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:34 am

Threads like these are the essence of why I can't stand the FSM board .Thank got we got this place in the meantime

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=82415&forumID=1&archive=0
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 am

I still can't believe I got a thread locked and was nearly banned over some humorous comments, while they have all-out Religious battles there that can stay for days...
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:33 am

That's why I never bother with threads like those and just ignore them. Pandora is just like a radio service but for your phone, how the hell is that illegal?
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:51 am

So now Joey is banned from all things JWFAN, for the time being (apparently). Silly fool probably gobbling off again.

I hope Ricard let's him back once th board is up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 pm