JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+15
Ching Chong Ding Dong
Ricard
AI
Nemesis
Trent B's Ghost
Night Of The Living Roald
Spirit of King Mark
Thor
J
sf1_freeze
Andreas
Stefan's Ghoest
Upended Quint
Lucas, prepare to die!
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
19 posters

SITE UPDATE

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

SITE UPDATE Empty SITE UPDATE

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

The original JWFan site will be back up in 14-50 hours, all history and message board posts intact.

It turns out Jack did in fact attempt to pay the bill with my paypal account on September 5th (I was looking at the wrong screen), but the reason it didn't work is because there are two outstanding balances, and because of the frequency of missed payments and the time passed already since the last outstanding balance, the current outstanding amount was passed on to a third party collector. Jack gave me the collector's info and I got on the phone with them and paid the bill myself with my own credit card, and the lady told me that they would get the money to 1&1 by the close of business today (UK time obviously), and that 1&1 would then restore the site(s) in 12 to 48 hours.

It's almost over folks, the site will be back up before you know it.

Last edited by Ghost Pirate LeBlanc on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

SITE UPDATE Empty Re: SITE UPDATE

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 pm

:ola:

Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Cool.

When the page finally loads up I'll be less cautious and more celebratory.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:05 am

Indeed, I've been hurt before....
    Andreas

Post  Andreas Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

GREAT,

the new server is waiting.
    Ready to take off:

h1942085.stratoserver.net
    (Only a default website, sorry Smile )

Andreas
    sf1_freeze

Post  sf1_freeze Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 am

This is great News!!! Thank you for your efforts Jason, Andreas and Ricard!!
    J

Post  J Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:20 am

When the forums come back online, you should all review the original post(s) I made when I offered out of kindness to dedicate the spare resources of the server I already had, to keep the JWFan community alive when I could see that help was really required.

Yes, there have been problems. You will see that I had originally stated that I would only offer this as a last resort and that problems may well occur and that one of my concerns would be with the responsibility that the community would place on me, merely for doing a favour and paying money out of my pocket.

The server goes offline, and the cynical and angry members of this community start forming their own hate inspired ideas, and worst-case scenarios, looking into ludicrous possibilities to place blame and offload their anger onto someone else.

I should actually start by saying that I do obviously actually care about the community. I've been a member for a decent amount of time, and have met a few good people from being a member here. For people to assume through my lack of communication that I wanted the worst for the community, or that I was attempting some sort of sabotage is pretty ridiculous, honestly. I can understand a level of frustration, even desperation - but people need to look at the situation sensibly and stop acting like rude, hateful cretins.

I will absolutely accept that poor communication on my behalf has not helped the issue, but when I have been online and had the time and wellbeing to do so, I have responded. The abuse and rudeness (and threats) I have received both personally/privately and publicly (on these forums) makes me honestly look twice at this community and it really pisses me off.

... and now I'm sure the angry ones of you, who have a chip on your shoulder or some deeper issue (daddy didn't love you) that is really behind the irrational anger you have displayed, are shaking your heads in rage and feeling offended. I say grow up, and fuck you. I could talk about my own personal current situation, and focus on my own immediate emotions around the situation, and given my circumstance I could make you all look and feel like absolute cunts.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Jason for helping out and being so willing to help bring the server back up as quickly as possible, and for putting his own money forward to allow that to happen... and for being patient with me during this time.

That's it really. Not the most eloquent post ever, I hope I made my point.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 am

Jack.

Thank you for being frank, and for paying up.

But remember, there is no I in communication. Just something to think about....
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 am

Thank you Jack for your subsidising of the board.

(Apparently Jack still has the database in his keeping at this time)

Post edited by Quint.

Last edited by Upended Quint on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    Thor

Post  Thor Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:51 am

J wrote:When the forums come back online, you should all review the original post(s) I made when I offered out of kindness to dedicate the spare resources of the server I already had, to keep the JWFan community alive when I could see that help was really required.

Yes, there have been problems. You will see that I had originally stated that I would only offer this as a last resort and that problems may well occur and that one of my concerns would be with the responsibility that the community would place on me, merely for doing a favour and paying money out of my pocket.

The server goes offline, and the cynical and angry members of this community start forming their own hate inspired ideas, and worst-case scenarios, looking into ludicrous possibilities to place blame and offload their anger onto someone else.

I should actually start by saying that I do obviously actually care about the community. I've been a member for a decent amount of time, and have met a few good people from being a member here. For people to assume through my lack of communication that I wanted the worst for the community, or that I was attempting some sort of sabotage is pretty ridiculous, honestly. I can understand a level of frustration, even desperation - but people need to look at the situation sensibly and stop acting like rude, hateful cretins.

I will absolutely accept that poor communication on my behalf has not helped the issue, but when I have been online and had the time and wellbeing to do so, I have responded. The abuse and rudeness (and threats) I have received both personally/privately and publicly (on these forums) makes me honestly look twice at this community and it really pisses me off.

... and now I'm sure the angry ones of you, who have a chip on your shoulder or some deeper issue (daddy didn't love you) that is really behind the irrational anger you have displayed, are shaking your heads in rage and feeling offended. I say grow up, and fuck you. I could talk about my own personal current situation, and focus on my own immediate emotions around the situation, and given my circumstance I could make you all look and feel like absolute cunts.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Jason for helping out and being so willing to help bring the server back up as quickly as possible, and for putting his own money forward to allow that to happen... and for being patient with me during this time.

That's it really. Not the most eloquent post ever, I hope I made my point.

Hi Jack!

I was never part of the "lynch mob" that was after you (I hate that mentality, and often been the target of it myself), so thank you for coming back to us with your thoughts on the process. This just goes to show how important communication is when things go a bit haywire, and I hope you have learned something from that. When there is a whole community dependent on you (instead of a less interactive site), it's even more important to update people on things, I think. I think it would have made people more understanding if they knew the circumstances, the timefram etc.

That being said, I often think it's healthy to get a bit of a break from whatever forum you're attached to. I've said many times that I wouldn't mind it if FSM went down for a couple of weeks. Would probably "wean" me off the addiction for a while, and I could get other things done in the time I would have spent there!

I'm glad things are soon back on track, although I was getting used to the more tidy interface of THIS board. I've had a more frequent posting rate here than I ever did at the ol' board.

Last edited by Thor on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 am

aha now this place will be a deserted wasteland and we will all "resurrect" to our old form

We should keep this place around though ..just in case .It's cool how much this forum grew in such a short time
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:06 am

Poor little AI will be all alone here, festering in the misery he hath created for himself.

Post  Night Of The Living Roald Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:20 am

J wrote:I will absolutely accept that poor communication on my behalf has not helped the issue

Yeah, I think that was the only issue really, not the site going offline.

However; like Thor I was never part of any "lynch mob" either and always believed that your silence had to attributed to a significant personal issue, something I sincerely hope you will be able to work out.

Thanks for what you did Jack and all the best.

Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:44 am

personal issues never affected my posting on the Forum. Not sure why it should be an excuse for anyone else...
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 am

Spirit of King Mark wrote:aha now this place will be a deserted wasteland and we will all "resurrect" to our old form

We should keep this place around though ..just in case .It's cool how much this forum grew in such a short time

Koray said before this place will be here plus it's free.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:07 am

I'm glad to hear that things are going in the right direction.

And Jack, thanks for your post. I hope you'll beeing around too in the future.
    Don't take the talk too serious here. It's a very passionate community. And with the lack of communication it was just a matter of time until emotions are going high.
    I hope for you that your personal situation/problems can be solved some how.
    What do we all learn form this? Communication is very important!
    AI
    AI

Post  AI Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 am

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:Poor little AI will be all alone here, festering in the misery he hath created for himself.

Hey, I'll always have Koray

And he's got great taste in film scores.. tongue

Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 am

Maybe if you get down on your knees and beg, they'll let you back. Worth a shot...
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:09 am

Well technically AI, if Ricard is letting you post here , maybe he'll give you a chance on the main board

Joe's banning indicates he can still ban people here too
    Ricard

Post  Ricard Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:40 am

J wrote:When the forums come back online, you should all review the original post(s) I made when I offered out of kindness to dedicate the spare resources of the server I already had, to keep the JWFan community alive when I could see that help was really required.
    When the forums come back online, I will speak.
    AI
    AI

Post  AI Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:50 am

And as for you Jack Chapple you little bitch..

I can't even post at that website, but I still read it daily.

I didn't like what you did within one day of 'taking it over', changing the colors and fonts on the front end. And you insulted Andreas by insinuating that the html mechanism was out of date etc

Fuck you, you ignorant little pig. Andreas is ten times the site maintainer and man you'll ever be.

And you pissed all over Ricard too, Whom I have a tremendous amount of respect for.

I hope you learn something valuable from all of this Jack.

Ching Chong Ding Dong

Post  Ching Chong Ding Dong Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:59 pm

It'd be interesting if Jack's middle name were White.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:18 pm

AI wrote:And as for you Jack Chapple you little bitch..

I can't even post at that website, but I still read it daily.

I didn't like what you did within one day of 'taking it over', changing the colors and fonts on the front end. And you insulted Andreas by insinuating that the html mechanism was out of date etc

Fuck you, you ignorant little pig. Andreas is ten times the site maintainer and man you'll ever be.

And you pissed all over Ricard too, Whom I have a tremendous amount of respect for.

I hope you learn something valuable from all of this Jack.

Tell us how you really feel. (kidding)

A bit harsh but I don't appreciate how Jack handled this situation either.

As I said he's got A LOT of growing up to, especially financial wise.
    indy v4.2

Post  indy v4.2 Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Guys, if what Jack says is true, then he warned us that "problems may well occur." Maybe we were just so excited that the MB was saved that we assume it would run as seamlessly as it has in the past, but it doesn't sound like he ever promised a perfect MB, nor did he ever really promise to live up to the "responsibility that the community would place on me." So if upon further review of his posts when this MB was financially handed over this turns out to be true, I say give him a break. We got exactly what we he warned us we would get. If we don't like it...then we shouldn't have asked for it!
    Ching Chong Ding Dong

Post  Ching Chong Ding Dong Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

What a bunch of bleeding heart pansies. What Jack has done to Jwfan is nothing short of an act of terrorism, pure and simple. Evil should be punished with maximum force, not excused or explained way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:30 pm