JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+8
Sideways Koray
Lucas, prepare to die!
Maurizio's Halo
indy v4.2
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
crocodile's skeleton
Upended Quint
Stefan's Ghoest
12 posters

Why does Indy 4 has such lousy CGI

crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Why does Indy 4 has such lousy CGI - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Indy 4 has such lousy CGI

Post  crocodile's skeleton Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Semantics.

Besides, what kind of quality do you see in Krull or Supergirl? Not counting scores, of course.

Karol

Last edited by crocodile's skeleton on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Why does Indy 4 has such lousy CGI - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Indy 4 has such lousy CGI

Post  Upended Quint Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Well you started it!
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:56 pm

And I can do that all day.

But... of course... I won't.

Oh and you stink! Contrary to what people say. Wink

Karol
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:38 pm

people is much more attuned and critic to sfx than it was in the early days. we have been spoiled.

and too many sfx driven films nowadays too, then it was only one or two (big ones) per year more or less.
    crocodile's skeleton
    crocodile's skeleton

Post  crocodile's skeleton Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:42 pm

It's not the effects, photography, scoring, fridge, Mutt (or even vine swinging) that's bothering me about this film. It's only the script, or to be more specific: it's third act. And no, I don't mean the UFO thing. It's the lack of conflict, motivation, over-crowded plot with characters of no real purpose. Things like that.

Karol
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 pm

It's a disjointed mess. A heartless, workman-like parody.

I have learned to enjoy it on those terms, begrudgingly.
    tarasis

Post  tarasis Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:14 am

I agree that ILM must have stretched themselves too thin, its hard to explain some of the dreadful CGI otherwise. (Some of it as bad as the matting in Last Crusade, particularly the Airplane sequence. The best was the Zeppelin airport which I didn't realize was a partial plate and matte shot till years later)

Raiders remains the most convincing visually for me (and the best of them, I prefer its harder edge and more pulpyness where Crusade & KOTCS wander off more into the buffoon territory)
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:42 am

Lucas, prepare to die! wrote:people is much more attuned and critic to sfx than it was in the early days. we have been spoiled.

and too many sfx driven films nowadays too, then it was only one or two (big ones) per year more or less.

that is nonsense Manuel. Once again you are apologizing for a Lucasfilm.

This is a Spielberg film, written and produced by Lucas, ILM should have gone all out to make the effects as perfect as possible.

There really is no excuse! There isn't a single effect in the movie that pushes the envelope, so it's not like they did not know how to do it...
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:40 pm

none of the other three movies really pushed the envelope sfx wise either.

BTW, i still like Indiana jones.. so i can apologize for them Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 pm