JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+8
Zombie Charlie Brigden
Henry Buck in Demon Form
Clone of ggctuk
Sideways Koray
Lucas, prepare to die!
Nemesis
Faleel's Essence
Spirit of King Mark
12 posters

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource - Page 2 Empty Re: Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Post  Clone of ggctuk Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 am

One last one: did we ever figure out the percentage/time shifts for the Concord Raiders/Temple of DOom material (I'm using Goldwave, BTW, so Audacity instruction is meaningless to me, but a few just needed tweaking to 1.01 via the Time Warp option)
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource - Page 2 Empty Re: Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:08 am

No one ever reached a consensus on it, since people were using different methods and different software.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:54 am

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:No one ever reached a consensus on it, since people were using different methods and different software.

This is why I have never bothered with it. Also pitch changing diminishes sound quality
    Clone of ggctuk
    Clone of ggctuk

Post  Clone of ggctuk Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 am

Spirit of King Mark wrote:
    Stefan's Ghoest wrote:No one ever reached a consensus on it, since people were using different methods and different software.

This is why I have never bothered with it. Also pitch changing diminishes sound quality

Depends on what you're doing: Time Warp in GoldWave shifts both tempo and pitch which keeps distortion to a practically non-existent level. Other programs are different.
    Dead Data

Post  Dead Data Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 am

Changing the speed of a recording has very, very little impact on the sound quality. It changes the timbre, sure, and things do sound pretty weird if you go to extremes, but if you're just correcting a speed that was incorrect in the first place, neither of these will be an issue. You only run into trouble if you try to change pitch without changing tempo, or vice versa. That will inevitably harm the sound quality, though some algorithms do it better than others - and it's all a moot point, since this isn't the right technique for recordings that have been sped up or slowed down.

For me, the advantages of having the right pitch (and, in extreme cases like Hook's "Prologue", tempo) vastly outweigh the miniscule, theoretical, undetectable drop in sound quality that could potentially be caused by extreme speed changes.
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:39 am

Well, since the old board will not be back for a while, I decided to make a list of what we have so far:

OT:
    Lego Indiana Jones 1
    Tracks from VWVVWVVWV

KOTCS:
    Staff of Kings recording (muddled sound quality)
    Lego Indiana Jones 2
    Documentary rip (Voice removal artifacts)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:17 pm