JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+22
The Kami of ChrusherComix
Drax
Clone of ggctuk
Faleel's Essence
Ricard
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
Night Of The Living Roald
walking dead hornist
ChrisAfonso
Merkel
Jeff
Trent B's Ghost
nightscape94
Lucas, prepare to die!
Zombie Charlie Brigden
Maurizio's Halo
Stefan's Ghoest
Henry Buck in Demon Form
crocodile's skeleton
Sideways Koray
Upended Quint
Spirit of King Mark
26 posters

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

nightscape94
    nightscape94

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy - Page 2 Empty Re: More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  nightscape94 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:49 am

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/lucasfilm-confirms-change-to-blu-ray-release-of-return-of-the-jedi/
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy - Page 2 Empty Re: More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:51 am

omg I was sure this was some fake fan thing

One of the best moments of the SW saga ruined
    nightscape94
    nightscape94

Post  nightscape94 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 am

When the fans cried "no means no", George clearly thought this meant something else.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 am

The change to showing Jaba's palace door and Wycket blinking and having "realistic" looking eyes, I don't mind. However, the added CG rock for when R2 is hiding, to the new stupid ass Krayt Dragon call to the idiotic, "NOOOOOO" before Vader tosses Palpatine's ass in the reactor shaft is just way too much. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LUCAS!

I bet you in a few years when these are re-issued on Blu-Ray those changes will be eliminated, or at least the "NOOOOOO" in the Jedi scene will be gone.

The added CG rock when R2 is hiding is horrible, because after it shows R2 is out of his hiding spot the rock is NO LONGER THERE.

I'm personally getting tired of all these little changes that Lucas does to every release of the films. To me the Original Trilogy died in 1997 when it was re-released in theaters that year. While I hated the changes to the Han and Greedo scene and the added Jaba scene back then, the rest I did not mind.

However, this just goes way too far and I agree with KM that the added "NOOOOOOOO" ruins one of the best moments in the Star Wars Saga.

I'm not going to be like a lot of people where they've cancelled their orders. I'll still be getting the set but it'll be irritating to watch that scene.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Post  Jeff Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:07 am

Meh . . . Too bad if this is true, but it won't ruin the saga. They're still some of the most exciting and entertaining films in the universe. I can't wait to see them on Blu! I'll be unreachable until I've finished watching all the special features.
    nightscape94
    nightscape94

Post  nightscape94 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 am

At this point Lucas is probably better off just remaking the original films. That way, he can leave the original trilogy alone and just do it a second time so it matches up with the prequels.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 am

Complete loose-stool-water. Arse-gravy of the very worst kind.
    Merkel

Post  Merkel Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 am

I'm not even a SE detractor by any means, but this is simply going too far
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 am

Trent B's Ghost wrote:
    I'm not going to be like a lot of people where they've cancelled their orders. I'll still be getting the set but it'll be irritating to watch that scene.

But that's the problem. People hate the changes he makes but gives him money for doing it regardless. Makes no sense to me.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:07 am

Sideways Koray wrote:
    Trent B's Ghost wrote:

But that's the problem. People hate the changes he makes but gives him money for doing it regardless. Makes no sense to me.

At this point I'm more interested in the deleted scenes for the OT as well as the other bonus material for the set.
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:07 am

the lucasfilm confirmation has killed me (today would have been the perfect day for ethereal avatar and name change...). as km i expected this some fake-joke.

i'm not buying these sets. it even has ruined one asset i had for wanting to buy a PS3.

Please, no more witty comments like this:

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:No, you don't understand man. The moment he learned Padme was dead he ushered forth his famous NOOOOOOOO! and everything that was left of Anakin Skywalker died, he truly became Darth Vader.
    the NOOOOO! was the last gasp of Anakin, his final words in a galaxy far...far away. Up until the moment of his redemption, moments before his child is about to die, Anakin returns in despair, uttering the same words. This time the NOOOOO! is the victory of Anakin over Darth Vader. The Light Side of the Force over the Dark Side.

Or that's what Manuel will be claiming soon anyway....

i'm done with bad tinkering. I'm not going to try to give explanation to those kind of changes ever again.

heck i dont even want to watch ROTJ in 3d if the vader thing is not corrected. and that's the only sw film i have not seen at cinema and wanted a re-release so badly...
    Henry Buck in Demon Form
    Henry Buck in Demon Form

Post  Henry Buck in Demon Form Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 am

Manuel, I knew there was good in you.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 am

No, i don't believe it yet. Not until he's abandoned his screen name!
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 am

i'm manuel no longer Evil or Very Mad

your avatar is revolting, BTW Razz

this was aimed to henry before stefan stepped on.
    ChrisAfonso
    ChrisAfonso

Post  ChrisAfonso Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:23 am

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:No, you don't understand man. The moment he learned Padme was dead he ushered forth his famous NOOOOOOOO! and everything that was left of Anakin Skywalker died, he truly became Darth Vader.
    the NOOOOO! was the last gasp of Anakin, his final words in a galaxy far...far away. Up until the moment of his redemption, moments before his child is about to die, Anakin returns in despair, uttering the same words. This time the NOOOOO! is the victory of Anakin over Darth Vader. The Light Side of the Force over the Dark Side.

Scarily, this somehow even makes sense to me... but although I'm annoyed by Lucas's constant tinkering, I'm generally willing to accept far-out explanations that lend some cohesion to otherwise messed up parts of films I like (or want to like), and I'm a sucker for aesthetics in form or construction, like things coming full circle Razz

Strangely, in life I'm generally more on the cynical side, but with movies it's different...
    Zombie Charlie Brigden
    Zombie Charlie Brigden

Post  Zombie Charlie Brigden Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 am

I think it's saying something that a lot bigger slice of the fan base as it were are against this.

Saying that, the boycott is a waste of time.
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 am

I dunno, this might be the one change that might turn those (like me) who sort of "tolerated" the SE's changes up to now to become haters.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:39 am

I'm sorry but to continue buying each updated (fiddled with) "vision" of this sorry cum-riddled whore of a trilogy is accessory to rape and you should be prosecuted.
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 am

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:No, i don't believe it yet. Not until he's abandoned his screen name!

fixxed
    walking dead hornist
    walking dead hornist

Post  walking dead hornist Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 am

Shocked
    Merkel

Post  Merkel Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:57 am

Spirit of King Mark wrote:I dunno, this might be the one change that might turn those (like me) who sort of "tolerated" the SE's changes up to now to become haters.

You and me, KM
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 am

Merkel wrote:
    Spirit of King Mark wrote:I dunno, this might be the one change that might turn those (like me) who sort of "tolerated" the SE's changes up to now to become haters.

You and me, KM

count me in.

I hope it was some way of tracing and prosecuting early leaks...but it wont it seems.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:35 am

Gooood...gooood, give in to your anger!
    Merkel

Post  Merkel Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Ewoks now blick:

Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:54 am

Blick? What kind of word is that? Sorry had to give you crap. tongue

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:24 pm