JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - JWFAN (Temporary Forums)

A place to discuss the film music and works of composer John Williams

+22
The Kami of ChrusherComix
Drax
Clone of ggctuk
Faleel's Essence
Ricard
Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
Night Of The Living Roald
walking dead hornist
ChrisAfonso
Merkel
Jeff
Trent B's Ghost
nightscape94
Lucas, prepare to die!
Zombie Charlie Brigden
Maurizio's Halo
Stefan's Ghoest
Henry Buck in Demon Form
crocodile's skeleton
Sideways Koray
Upended Quint
Spirit of King Mark
26 posters

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy - Page 3 Empty Re: More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:25 pm

What's the Portugese for blink Trent? I'm sure Merkel knows....
    Maurizio's Halo
    Maurizio's Halo

More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy - Page 3 Empty Re: More tinkering of the Star Wars Original Trilogy

Post  Maurizio's Halo Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Star Wars and TESB are likely the result of a very happy accident.
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 pm

the blinking of the ewoks could be ok.

it's the vader whine that ruins IT ALL.
    Merkel

Post  Merkel Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Stefan's Ghoest wrote:What's the Portugese for blink Trent? I'm sure Merkel knows....

Pestanejar Smile Long word, but at least I can spell it, Trent Wink
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Trent (or anyone outside a country where spanish is not the official language) can't even type the spanish word! Razz

Post  Night Of The Living Roald Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Yeah, this is why I hold on to my old VHS cassettes in case I want watch the Original Star Wars Trilogy. Funny how 'Original' now has such a double meaning...
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:24 am

Well Best Buy did release the untouched theatrical editions on DVD several years back. Goes for a lot of money.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:52 am

Sideways Koray wrote:Well Best Buy did release the untouched theatrical editions on DVD several years back. Goes for a lot of money.

Wasn't that with the 2004 DVD sets though?

I'm currently downloading a widescreen version of OUT movies right now from Demonoid. All though not sure if it's true widescreen. Has there even been a true widescreen version of the OUT films?
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:57 am

The 2004 sets were only sold as a box set of all 3 movies, and did NOT contain the pre-SE versions.

In 2007 the films were releases separately as 2disc sets, with the second disc containing a non-anamorphic dump of the laserdisc master of the pre-SE versions. This was NOT a Best Buy exclusive, they were sold everywhere.

However, Best Buy DID exclusively sell them packaged together in a metal tin - that was the only way to get the 2007 versions as a "box set".

But none of the above are hard to find.
    Sideways Koray
    Sideways Koray
    Admin

Post  Sideways Koray Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:02 am

I didn't say they were hard to find, just expensive as shit.
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:05 am

Right - the BEST BUY TIN is expensive, but the actual 2007 releases (sold separately) are not
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:12 am

Thanks for the information guys. Might actually pick that up.
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:17 am

How are you just hearing about this? Stefan used the video from the 2007 DVDs combined with the audio from the laserdiscs for his custom DVDs he uploaded for us
    Lucas, prepare to die!
    Lucas, prepare to die!

Post  Lucas, prepare to die! Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 am

i bought this versions..

here, they are everywhere in clearance sales...

if you must own a non-degradable version (i mean not a magnetic tape media) this is the set to get. Since the laser disc format is dead.

expect the 3rd re-release of the OT in bluray to come with them also.

dont expect more than a lasrdisc tranfer though... (maybe it gets upped to dvd quality...just to be below in image quality to the altered versions...
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:39 am

Ghost Pirate LeChuck wrote:How are you just hearing about this? Stefan used the video from the 2007 DVDs combined with the audio from the laserdiscs for his custom DVDs he uploaded for us

I must have missed those when the forum was still up.

Edit: BTW the scene when Luke finds out Vader is his father in Empire, that whole reaction right there is what comes to mind when we fans found out about the changes made to Star Wars (ANH) and Return Of The Jedi for the Blu-Ray set.
    Ricard

Post  Ricard Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:48 am

For those who may not recall the scene in question:

BEFORE

AFTER
    Spirit of King Mark
    Spirit of King Mark

Post  Spirit of King Mark Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:51 am

I think it was one of the best silences in movie history

OMG I can't believe how horrible it is now
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:59 pm

It could have been good if done really really well... but that was just horrible.
    Faleel's Essence
    Faleel's Essence

Post  Faleel's Essence Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Ghost Pirate LeChuck wrote:The 2004 sets were only sold as a box set of all 3 movies, and did NOT contain the pre-SE versions.

In 2007 the films were releases separately as 2disc sets, with the second disc containing a non-anamorphic dump of the laserdisc master of the pre-SE versions. This was NOT a Best Buy exclusive, they were sold everywhere.

However, Best Buy DID exclusively sell them packaged together in a metal tin - that was the only way to get the 2007 versions as a "box set".

I got mine at Wal-mart in a blue cardboard box for like, 30 dollars
    ChrisAfonso
    ChrisAfonso

Post  ChrisAfonso Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:45 pm

He could at least provide an alternative audio track to choose in the menu...
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Faleel's Essence wrote:
    Ghost Pirate LeChuck wrote:The 2004 sets were only sold as a box set of all 3 movies, and did NOT contain the pre-SE versions.

I got mine at Wal-mart in a blue cardboard box for like, 30 dollars

The cardboard-wrapped box sets are the 2004 DVDs (the 4 disc set with 1 disc per movie and 1 disc of bonus features), not the 2007 DVDs (which are 3 individual 2disc sets)
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc
    Ghost Pirate LeBlanc

Post  Ghost Pirate LeBlanc Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Ricard's Corpse wrote:For those who may not recall the scene in question:

BEFORE

AFTER

Wow, that was bad. Really, really bad. Wow.
    Upended Quint
    Upended Quint

Post  Upended Quint Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Spirit of King Mark wrote:I think it was one of the best silences in movie history

OMG I can't believe how horrible it is now
    It was never "silence" though, not really. But I know what you're saying.
    Trent B's Ghost
    Trent B's Ghost

Post  Trent B's Ghost Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:30 pm

I've for the time being cancelled my order. I need to use the money for other things right now. I'll still be getting the set but at a different time. I'll probably end up buying it after I move my girlfriend here to Cedar City when I get out on my own.
    Stefan's Ghoest
    Stefan's Ghoest

Post  Stefan's Ghoest Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:09 am

Ghost Pirate LeBlanc wrote:How are you just hearing about this? Stefan used the video from the 2007 DVDs combined with the audio from the laserdiscs for his custom DVDs he uploaded for us

For me to do that would constitute an illegal action. Therefore I must deny your claims...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:35 pm